For a 33 year-old that doesn’t have any children, I sure do know a lot about babies! How, you may well ask? Baby photography! I have been a baby photographer for over 13 years. They are my specialty, my joy, and my life.
Once I started newborn photography I had to discover ways to hold an infant, soothe an infant, stay calm, and familiarize myself with facial expressions. I would personally often examine them and think, “I wonder why they may be smiling that way”. And you hear a sound… through the diaper… a wet sound. I imagine parents, other photographers, and everyone who works together with babies can connect with this.
After a couple of years of newborn photography, I made the decision to produce a help guide to help new parents and photographers alike to help plan for the photo shoot when the photo shoot takes place in the clients home. All of my newborn photo shoots are taken at my clients’ homes because it’s the most comfortable spot for an increasing family.
Without further ado, this is actually the guide born from my frequently asked questions on a newborn photography shoot…
1. When should we schedule the newborn photo shoot? Schedule your newborn photography shoot inside the initial two weeks from the due date. This is just a tentative date and can likely change depending on the baby’s arrival. If you have a C-section then this date is pretty set unless the child comes early.
It’s better to capture babies around 5-14 days when they sleep and possess the newborn look. Having said that, you can find no guarantees with newborns. They actually do the things they please. I have done photo shoots at 6 days. Some cooperate and some don’t. I have done photo shoots at four weeks. Some cooperate plus some don’t. Either way, they’re all wonderful!
2. What happens if my baby is late? Contact photographer atlanta baby and play in the date by ear. When the baby is early, don’t be worried about contacting your photographer right away. Take advantage of the new person in your household! Contact them in the next few days and tell them that the baby is here now.
3. What temperature in case the house be? Your day from the photo shoot I suggest to get the house at a good warm temperature. We are going to be sweating but the baby is going to be comfortable. You may not have to have the heat on during summer though. The little ones don’t enjoy being too hot or too cold.
Keep in mind that a lot of the poses is going to be of the baby in their diaper, naked, or anything you discussed along with your photographer. Walk around your house and consider the settings/backdrops which may exercise best when it comes to lighting. Usually, photographers want to setup inside the room with all the most sunlight. But also important rooms just like the nursery, your bedroom, the family room, and also the yard if it’s a nice day.
4. When must i feed my baby? Try and time that it so that you will are almost completed with the feeding or completely done once the photographer arrives. A cheerful baby equals a sleepy baby. Sleepy babies xgdqyb awesome! Also, be aware that we might feed the child a bit outside their schedule to keep them calm.
In the event you wanted your infant in a wrap, diaper cover, or perhaps naked i suggest to adopt their clothes off (but keep them within their diaper!), wrap them up in a blanket, then begin to feed them. The less we move them around after there is a full belly, the better.
5. What do I do if my baby is sleepy right before the photo shoot? Sometimes your baby is going to be asleep before we arrive and before the feeding. Keep them up by changing them or maybe a nice bath. You want your baby to be tired through the photo shoot, not before
6. How long will the photo shoot last? How long would really depend on the photographer and also the baby. I have completed newborn photo shoots in an hour and over 4 hours. In the event the baby is awake throughout the photo shoot, it’s OK! Photos of your baby alert and awake are magical!
7. What props must i have ready and does the photographer bring any? A lot of the props and hats that I personally utilize within my photography shoots fit in with the child. The photo will hold a different meaning if you utilize your personal hats, blankets, books, and/or other props. Also, don’t forget all the gifts that you baby will receive. Using gifts from friends and families makes these photos extra special.